9/10/14

i was there || hideout block party

Show: Hideout Block Party
Sylvan Esso
Mac Demarco
Funky Meters
Dismemberment Plan
War On Drugs

Location: The Hideout

Date: 9.6.14

Favorite Song: I bought a ticket for War On Drugs + they did not disappoint. They were a perfect closer + "Under The Pressure" was exactly how I had hoped it would sound. I will see them again for sure.

Memorable Moment: I would probably say that Mac Demarco was the most memorable, despite a somewhat lackluster performance. He has a pretty decent album but on this day it just felt like he wanted to rile up the crowd. I did get a good laugh from him lighting a cigarette while he crowd-surfed across the audience.

Biggest Letdown: Dismemberment Plan is so not my thing. I am sure they are fine for their genre but it kind of sucked that I had to stick around and listen to them prior to War On Drugs.

This Show: Is just about the easiest fest you could ever go to + I mean that in the best possible way. There is something nice about only having one stage, even if it means you don't get much of a choice in what you listen to. I'm pretty sure I could have found my soul mate in this crowd too. Such a good vibe all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment