10/28/14

i was there || rhye

Show: Rhye

Location: The Vic

Date: 10.25.14

Favorite Song: My two favorites were songs that I wasn't super familiar with. "Last Dance" was a bit more funky than the others + the organ definitely added an interesting component to the song. Once I started hearing the organ I couldn't stop. I also enjoyed the last song but I don't know what it was called.

Memorable Moment: There was that time they did the thing that I like to refer to as "synchronized fancy claps." And also the "tandem fluffy drumming." The most memorable (for the band as well) was when the violinist broke not one but two strings on his violin. Talk about hardcore.

Biggest Letdown: Rhye admittedly said they were going to bring us up + then bring us down which they 100% did. Overall, this was a good strategy but some of the lows were bordering a bit on boring. Not totally, but almost. But that is what you get when you attend a seated concert at a venue without seats.

This Show: Was surprisingly exciting + full of surprises. To be honest, I am a little wary of men that sound more feminine than me but Rhye pulled it out. This show could have very easily been boring but it was anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment