12/9/14

i was there || st. vincent + future islands

Show: St. Vincent
Future Islands

Location: Chicago Theater

Date: 12.2.14

Favorite Song: One of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard was St. Vincent's intro to "Your Lips Are Red." That was some goose-bumpy music. I've done a little research + it seems to be somewhat of a rare occurrence. I could be wrong on that but it's so damn pretty regardless. You can hear a variation of it HERE. "Cheerleader" was also a standout from St. Vincent's set while "Dream Of Me + You" was my favorite from Future Islands.

Memorable Moment: I would put Annie Clark in the same category as Bjork, J Law, + Nicki Minage. All cool ass chicks that make me proud to be a woman. Annie is so damn cool + I was not prepared for that. I'm pretty sure that I made a vow to myself that night that if I ever have a little girl of my own she's sure as hell going to have a guitar in her hands before she can take her first steps.

Biggest Letdown: Very little to complain about. Maybe the venue? Chicago Theater wasn't bad per-se I just selfishly would like to see them both somewhere smaller with general admission.

This Show: was limber. I'm pretty sure Annie Clark might be a robot with her perfectly timed + almost machine-like movements. And when she crossed guitars with her chick bandmate? Damn. I'm also pretty sure that Samuel Herring of Future Islands is secretly Gumby. Seriously, though. How does that guy move like that? I have mostly ignored Future Islands in this post so far which is entirely unfair because their set was phenomenal too. St. Vincent + Future Islands both fall into my top shows of 2014. No question.

No comments:

Post a Comment