3/13/15

paxton gate


On my most recent trip to San Francisco my friend introduced me to the wonderful world of the Mission District. We enjoyed a nice brunch at Laszlo (which shares a kitchen with a much more crowded Foreign Cinema next door) + topped off our meal with a few cocktails at the ever eclectic  Lolo. Once we were sufficiently tipsy we hit the shops.

Shopping in the Mission is my jam. The store are almost all a mix of clothing, jewelry, + home decor so no matter your mood you can find something that tickles your fancy. Everything is just so my style too which made the day a bit painful as I tried to restrain myself from not buying everything. One of my absolute favorite shops was Paxton Gate.

Paxton Gate is a little slice of heaven in my mind. It is filled to the brim with plants, taxidermy, crystals, curiosities, + all things weird. It reminded me a bit of Asrai Garden, my absolute favorite shop in Chicago, but way more nutty. I nabbed myself an adorable goldfish plant that unbeknownst to me will bloom with little orange buds as well as some match boxes. They have an online shop too + most items are pretty affordable. While you're at it, check out their kids' shop, Curiosities for Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment